Tuesday 13 December 2011

Leek xc and Xmas miles

Saturday was the North Staffordshire Cross Country League last race: Westwood High in Leek. Featuring THE KILLER HILL!! This year the killer hill was moved slightly to the right, making everyone's time's 2mins slower (at least that's my excuse). When I checked the results I released even the winners were quite allot faster last year. The header image for my blog is from last years race. And this year I looked somewhat worse:
If you look at the train of people behind me making the same face I don't feel quite as bad. Going up that hill 3 times in a row, at speed for a bit over five miles was tough. Yet at the end I still felt like I enjoyed it. It's probably the same feeling as tooth ache and then the relief after the tooth is finally pulled. I don't think I'm built for speed, it did make me laugh though how many quick road runners I took on the hill :) All those fell's and ultra's are starting to pay off even if most of them caught me on the flats. Luckily we finished at the top of killer hill.

Next: I need to start/find time for reccying a section of the BGR. I decided which part. I can't remember the exact's now although I know a guy who has done it and assisted on quite a few. He's given me some sound advise. So I just need to start driving up and plodding away. And next Sunday I'm planning on running the Xmas Cracker dressed as a bat :) Providing I'm not too hungover to run after the club's xmas do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment