Sunday 3 June 2012

Marlborough Downs and Riga Marathon

Just a few notes. I should write more but I have way to much on my plate at the moment. To summarise, in short: new door ££££, boiler problems ££££?? awaiting quote.. New door not finished, probably due to rain.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE PAID THEM!!! Slight problem with a canvas I sold.. Something else. I forget too many phone calls.. No running.. Must taper..

Any way, running:


Marlborough
Great, ran with Mark who did his famous negative split which knackered me but felt good overtaking people even in the last mile of an ultra! No pb but Mark and I got 4th and 5th. I let him have 4th as it's his first. Even though that would have been my first 4th ever. But still I was 5th last year and I'm sure i'll get there. It's best not to be greedy :)
Mark and his kitchen sink bag :)



Riga
After my terrible run in London I decided to try for a negative split or even split after Mark's influence. And honestly I didn't want to hurt myself this close to my BGR. So I did it and it felt great, again I was over taking people in the last mile still. I think there's allot to be said for going out steady. Here's my split:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/182058915

I lost the link for the Riga photos.

BGR next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment