Thursday 8 September 2011

Le marathon des Oussaillès

Try saying that with a mouthful of cheese (and I did). Ok where to start here are the things I like in order of 1 being good 5 being not so good:

1. Friendly
2. For the most part down hill
3. Massive 1 mile at 25
4. Large French man not telling me which road to run down so I went from 3rd to 4th
5. They didn't even write my time down when I came in. I think this was because some relay runners were with me.

At the end of the day I can't complain, I ran my heart out and still felt pretty good for it at the end. And it's not often I get to run between a mountain, lake and small beautiful villages with random French people shouting what I can only assume was encouragement at me. I forgot to mention the start, at the start I went for the pre race nerve induced toilet stop. Which happened to be under a road down some steps by a very fast flowing river in the rain. It was actually a toilet I'm not trying to be disgusting (honest). I went into the cubicle and then out again as I realised there was no lights and then back in again after I realised there really wasn't any light but still needs must. When I flushed I realised a pipe was broke in the system, I knew this by the shower I got down my back before I left.

Other thing's that made me smile probably not for the right reason were: A guy at a drinks table telling me I should drink the whole cup of water before leaving. (I didn't argue but then I didn't hang around to either). And a few relay runner's at each of their leg racing me, passing me and then after 3 miles burning out and I passing them to hear strange French breathless verses. Again some kind of encouragement perhaps? All in all not to bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment