Tuesday 3 May 2011

In the begining and The Stone Circles

Hmm where to start, ok I've been running for 2 and a half-ish years mainly 1 serious-ish year. I still don't take it that seriously but seem to do an awful lot of it. I do find myself in odd debates at times which makes me think I take it more seriously than I do but at the end of the day I run because I like running and know perfectly well I'll never be a high end runner but that's not to say I don't win a few things etc (so please don't leave the page just yet, I kind of have goals honest). My aim here is to document my training and racing.

Which un-neatly leads me to my most recent bit of training: The Stone Circles, this is a route developed/organised by the Stone Ramblers: http://www.stoneramblers.com/ They have a great book on there for only a few quid with this route in it. Any way the route is part of my 100 training, at the end of this month i'll be running the LDWA Housman 100! (my first 100) So I'm basically trying to do a few long runs close together while managing to hold down a job, relationship and not die from exhaustion. Which usally works out that i'm running between 80 - 105 miles a week and cycling 90.. Any way the Stone Circle is 34miles in total I think in the ramblers guide it is down as 36 and highlights pubs, bus stops and such of which I never seem to get to enjoy but do like smiling to myself about in a kind of "one day I'll really enjoy the beer there" and never actually do. It might be worth mentioning I made it 36 as I had to run to where the loop started so I added some and took some off at the end which still made it more although I wasn't that bother. I've done this route 3 times now and this is the first time solo. Also the first time I've used my garmin 205 to navigate with the course training option and it worked great, although it did grate on me somewhat when it kept beeping to say I was off course when i wasn't and thus ran up a hedge talking to my garmin saying "happy now"! Some good friends and injured gf met me at around 26 miles for the last leg which was great to see.

Fun fun stats (fastest time I've done The Stone Circles so far :D )

















Look I made a heart ^

Also I had some lamb chasing me
And a shy peacock

























What's next: Thursday: Spring Treble: Kibblestone Clamber, Sunday: Market Drayton 10k

I sware tough 5 milers and 10k's can hurt more than ultra's but it's a different pain etc. Plus the biscuits and cake on the ultra's make me forget..

No comments:

Post a Comment